The Bluest Eye is the first novel from writer Toni Morrison and was published in the year 1970. Morrison was an African-American author and he won Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize. Morrison is loved by the readers for his work on the harsh consequences of racism against black people living in the United States. The story of the novel takes place in Lorain, Ohio, and revolves around the story of an African-American lady by the name of Pecola who grow up in the times of the Great Depression. You can read the review and download The Bluest Eye PDF at the end.
The Bluest Eye Review:
Based on 1941 Pecola because of her mannerisms and black color she was regarded as “ugly”. Because of these things, she develops an inferiority complex and she desired blue eyes because she considers it a sign of “whiteness”. The point of view of the author moves from one perspective to another of Claudia MacTeer who was the daughter of Pecola’s foster parents, at various stages of her life. Along with this, the novel contains third person narrative which adds inset narratives in the first person of the novel.
The Bluest Eye PDF Features:
The following are some of the major features of The Bluest Eye PDF.
- The American author Toni Morrison has written it.
- The book is in simple English language so its easier for the readers to understand it.
- The novel comes under the genre of African-American literature.
- The Bluest Eye published in the year 1970.
- The novel contains a total of 224 pages.
- Readers loved to read this novel.
Download The Bluest Eye PDF
Click here to download The Bluest Eye PDF ebook here: