American writer John Gardner has written Grendel in the year 1971. Grendel is basically a retelling of par of English old poem Beowulf from the antagonist perspective, Grendel. The story of the novel revolves around Grendel where he is portrayed as an antihero. The novel revolves around in search of the meaning of the world, the nature of good vs evil, and the power of literature and myth. You can read the review and download Grendel PDF at the end.
In an interview in 1973, Gardner said: “In the novel, I tried to present the main ideas of Western civilization_ which according to me is to be about….. Twelve?_ and explores them in the voice of the monster, with the already presented stories, with different philosophical attitudes, and to check out if I can break it out. Grendel is one of the most important and best-reviewed works of Gardner. Ten years after the publication of Grendel it was adapted into a film by the name of Grendel Grendel Grendel in the year1981. The following are some of the major characters of the novel: Hygmod, Freawaru, Hrothulf, Wealtheow, Unferth, The Shaper’s assistant, The Shaper, Hrothgar, Beowulf, Grendel’s mother, and Grendel.
Grendel PDF Features:
The following are some of the major features of the Grendel PDF.
- American author John Gardner with Emil Antonucci has written it.
- The book is in simple English language so its easier for the readers to understand it.
- Grendel comes under the Genre of Postmodern literature, Fantasy novel, and European mythology.
- It published in the year 1971.
- The novel contains a total of 174 pages.
- Readers loved to read this novel.
Download Grendel PDF
Click here to download Grendel PDF ebook here: