Beowulf is a historic old English epic poem. Poem consists of 3,182 alliterative lines. Beowulf is considered one of the most important works in Old English literature. Scholars have different opinions about the date of its composition but they think it was written between 975 and 1025. According to scholars, the anonymous poet is referred to as “Beowulf poet”. You can read the review and download Beowulf PDF at the end.
The story of Beowulf is set in Scandinavia at the times of the 6th century. In the story, Beowulf comes to help Horot whose kingdom has been attacked by a monster named Grendel. After the death of Grendel, his mother attacked the kingdom but was unsuccessful. Beowulf returns back to his home and becomes the king of Geats. After fifty years of this event, Beowulf fought with a dragon and killed him but because of his wounds, he also died. The attendants of Beowulf in memory cremate his body and erect a tower on a headland. In the year 1731, the original manuscript was damaged by the fire which swept through Ashburnham House in London.
Beowulf PDF Features:
The following are some of the major features of Beowulf PDF.
- Beowulf authors are not known because it is a very historical novel.
- The poem was first printed in the year 1815 by Thorkelin.
- It is believed that the novel is written between 700 to 1000 AD.
- The manuscript of the poem is damaged because of the fire in 1731.
- The total length of the poem is 3182 lines.
- The poem comes under the Genre of Epic heroic writing.
- The poem got high fame because of its amazing content.
Download Beowulf PDF
Click here to download Beowulf PDF ebook here: